Wednesday 31 December 2008

The Last day of the 365 Challenge!


Day 366 - New Years Eve
Prompt 366 - Our Final Day
My Way
"And now, the end is near;And so I face the final curtain.


My friend, Ill say it clear,Ill state my case, of which Im certain.


I've lived a life thats full.Ive travelled each and every highway;


And more, much more than this,I did it my way.


Regrets, I've had a few;But then again, too few to mention.


I did what I had to do And saw it through without exemption.


I planned each charted course;Each careful step along the byway,


But more, much more than this,I did it my way.


Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew


When I bit off more than I could chew.


But through it all, when there was doubt,I ate it up and spit it out.


I faced it all and I stood tall;And did it my way.


I've loved, I've laughed and cried.I've had my fill; my share of losing.


And now, as tears subside,I find it all so amusing.To think I did all that;


And may I say - not in a shy way,No, oh no not me,I did it my way.


For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught.


To say the things he truly feels;And not the words of one who kneels.


The record shows I took the blows -And did it my way!"
- Frank Sinatra
The photos show me last night 30th Dec and 1st Jan 2008
All I will say is thank you Anna and all the 365ers who helped me along the way ..........to do it my way

8 comments:

knitkath said...

Wow, such a change physically, but you are a lovely person, and that will never change! So glad I had this chance to get to know you and hope we stay friends for many years to come!

Minty Magic said...

Wow what a difference! It has been an honour to share this journey with you Lynne and to help you along the way. All the best for 2009 xxx

Shirley said...

Lynne I can not beleive that those two photos are of the same person!
You look so much younger, vibrant, happy and full of life in your SP today.
It has been fun sharing this journey with you and having you as my room mate at the 365 retreat.
Lets hope we will be roomies again and have lots more fun together in the years to come.
Love you for being my mate and always on the end of the phone for me when I have needed you.
God bless.
XXXX

Barbara said...

My goodness Lynne. You kept that first photo hidden. What a change. You have done brilliantly over the year.
Thank you so much for your texts as well. They were a comfort to us at a difficult time.

AlliR said...

It's been great to get to know you this year Lynne, and to finally get to meet you in November. I can't believe the difference in your photos between January and now, so happy and full of life. Wishing you all the best for 2009!

Mary B said...

wonderful Lynne you look so much happier and healthier and fitter. It has been a brilliant journey and we have all grown so close may we continue to enjoy each others ups and down and be there for each other through 2009

Dawn said...

Wow! This really shows just how slinky you are now! And well done for keeping up 365 right through to the end!

cantstopstampin said...

WELL who wouuld have believed when I posted that SW book to you Lynn all those months ago that you would do so well - you have done fantastically, so much better than I (red faced) - but I am thinking of rejoining SW again next week - but so far, only thinking !!