Monday 13 October 2008


Day 287
Prompt 287
"all right me old china"
China Plate - mate
I would never refer to my friend Carol as a 'mate', to me this is a term which males and the younger generation use!
I have several close friends but only Carol lives locally and is the only friend that I have been on holiday with successfully, so she must be a real 'mate'!!
To me my friends are very important. I find most of my close friends I have had since school and college days.
I have known Carol since I started teaching and she worked in the school office. Carol makes me laugh. We can cry together and share the joys and tribulations of life and keep secrets . We are both only children and her DH says we are like sisters, what a lovely compliment.
Of course my real soul mate is DH my lovely Peter xx

5 comments:

knitkath said...

What a lovely photo! And isn't it nice to have such a good friend to share with!

Minty Magic said...

You look very alike too so you could be sisters.

Shirley said...

I agree with Claire, you do look so alike and both very happy too :)

Summer Sunflower said...

Great photo of you both Lynne!!

Mary B said...

In that photo you certainly look like sisters (I see Claire thinks the same) lol