Tuesday 14 October 2008


Day 288
This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Anna says "I am personally going through my own journey this month, of ups and downs, hospital visits and call backs. I believe we are all woman doing this challenge so I thought it very appropiate to use our 365 prompts to "think pink"."
Prompt 288
“Almost all words do have color and nothing is more pleasant than to utter a pink word and see someone's eyes light up and know it is a pink word for him or her too” - Gladys TabeAnna
I am not a pink person and it isn't my favourite colour but guess I do associate pink with females "girly things " and recently breast cancer ribbon. Today I saw this car with this huge sticker on the bonnet to make people aware of breast cancer.
I wish men took as much notice of prostrate cancer as women do breast cancer these days and went for tests.
I have just had another routine mamogram which between 60 and 71 is every 3 yrs. I now await the results and hope I am not recalled for further tests, this happened several years ago but all was well.

6 comments:

Minty Magic said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Lynne but I am sure that all will be well. Funny to see that car sticker today! Great layout too!

knitkath said...

Fingers crossed here too that all is well! Great photo!

Shirley said...

Well observed at great that you had your camera too Lynne.
Hope the results are fine for you this time.

Summer Sunflower said...

Great photo Lynne, hope the results are good too!!

malaryush said...

Fingers crossed for clear results for you Lynne. And what a lucky photo today :)

Mary B said...

Hope everything is OK for you Lynne and what a find on a bonnet of a car well done to that owner for doing this