Sunday 9 November 2008


Day 314
Prompt 314
Today is Remembrance Sunday here in the UK. A time to remember all those lost in wars over theyears. We show our respect by wearing a red poppy, and 2 minutes silence at 11am.
Take time today to remember someone, something important.
I have uploaded some photos of our moving visit to Albert, France to the Somme trench museum this summer.
I think it is importanat to have this special Sunday every year, not only to remember the brave men and women who lost their lives for our freedom but also an opportunity to remember loved ones that we have lost too.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Visiting these areas of France can be very moving experiences Lynne.
The memories I have of my visits will stay with me for ever.
X

knitkath said...

Lovely pics, and I so agree with your thoughts!

Mary B said...

Lovely photos