Friday 3 October 2008


Day 277
Prompt 277
"Listen"
The dictionary meaning for listen - make an effort to hear something, hear with attention a person speaking
Am I a good listener? - I am sadden to say I think nowadays NO!!
I would love to be a good listener and it is a skill you can learn. I know this because I taught this skill to children in schools BUT I find that my mind wanders and I do not these days retain information and would much rather talk then listen!
I know that when I worked I was a better listener to both the children in my care and colleagues that needed an ear for advice, a problem or just to talk something through.
I am sure I listen to Peter (at times!!), my children, grandchildren, friends on 365 and my team when they have a problem but to others at parties and people making 'small talk' NO!!

4 comments:

Minty Magic said...

I bet you are a good listener really Lynne and a good talker too ;-)

knitkath said...

Great journalling, you struck me as a good listener!

Mary B said...

Well journaled and I love the photo
And I am sure that your friends and family think you are a good listener

Shirley said...

Lynne you have always been a good listener to me and have helped me through a lot this year.
XXXX