Saturday 4 October 2008




Prompt 278"reflection".

Why not take your SP as a reflection, in a mirror, window , puddle, or an object. Maybe you will use your journaling to reflect on the past year.

I have taken one of my first SP in Jan 08 to compare with today's photo Oct 08. Both photos were taken looking into a mirror in my dressing gown!

I can see that I am more confident in taking a SP and I think that my photography re light and position is slowly improving, though I have a long way to go compared to others!!

The dictionary meaning of reflection: 1. reflecting or being reflected- light,heat,colour or image. 2. reconsideration 3. mental faculty dealing with sensation and perception. 4. idea arising in the mind. mental or verbal.

Well I have reflected an image of myself and reconsidered the photo.

As I reflect on the past year I realise how quickly time and life goes by. That we should not waste anytime on the past but should learn that no matter how old you are we can change ourselves if we try! I have looked at my goals and have managed to achieve the following out of 10

Losing some weight, YES I am doing this :)

Stop biting my nails, yes I have!

Get my priorities right and think about myself more at times - Yes I am doing that

To laugh each day -most days

Keep the spare room tidier, yes at times!

Less critical of others, I think I am improving on this!

Iron more often ????? sometimes

Drink less wine - NO :(

5 comments:

Minty Magic said...

Don't be hard on yourself Lynne - you can't be 100% perfect ;-) wine and ironing easy not to improve on!!!!

Mary B said...

I love the two photos put together they really show how much you have changed and grown in your skills and weight and confidence over the last 9 months. Well done.

Curly said...

Oh Lynne your confidence is jumping off the page isn't it fab to feel so much better about ourselves!

Shirley said...

WOW Lynne you look like 2 different people ...so relaxed and confident now. What a difference 9 months can make :)
xxx

malaryush said...

Wow - you have come so far in confidence and skill with your photography. Well done Lynne!!!