Monday 29 September 2008


Day 272
Prompt 272
"We need not think alike to love alike.”
—Francis David (1510-1579), clergyman
We all have the same ability and gift of love but do we all use this ability?
There are different loves. Love our neighbours, our partners and our enemies as we love ourselves How difficult is that at times! Romantic /sexual love we use the expressions 'make love' and 'falling in and out of love' and the Christian ( Biblical,Agape) love -(to be loving) how we respond and act towards a person which mirrors the selfless love God has for us. Peter in I Cor 13:13 wrote "now abide faith, hope, these three; but the greatest of these is love"love
This is the one kind of love I find the most difficult but strive as my purpose in my life on earth to improve on!
We certainly do not all think alike and I don't think we all love alike. I hope I am a good role model to our children, our grandchildren, friends and strangers showing them this wonderful gift of love.

3 comments:

domestic goddess said...

love your sentiment, lovely photo Lynne

Shirley said...

Super photo Lynne and very thoughtful journalling.
XXX

Mary B said...

Love the photo and I am so pleased you have journaled in this way, yes agape love is the hardest of all but O so necessary in this fallen world of ours.