Monday 1 December 2008


Day 336
Prompt 336
Embarrassment
Embarrassment is an emotional state experienced upon having a socially or professionally unacceptable act or condition witnessed by or revealed to others
Today I am embarrassed because I missed a long awaited dentist appointment so I am having to phone up and explain.
This is a series of embarrassing moments at the moment, the worst being last week when I went to the hospital and saw Margaret's DIL who I knew was having a lump removed. She looked so different reddish long straight hair that didn't suit, her in fact I wouldn't have recognised her if she hadn't been with Margaret. I kept saying how different she looked and how her hair was so different straight and a diff colour [she was dark and curly last time I saw her and thinner faced!! ] Oh boy was I embarrassed when I realised she had had chemo before this op and has lost all her hair and was wearing a pretty awful hair style!! I had to find her and apologise but she was thrilled I hadn't realised it was a wig!!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Hope you manage to get a new appt sorted soon Lynne. Hope they won't charge you for the missed appt either.

Shirley said...

Oh dear Lynne it happens to the best of us! It is just that you have had a few of these 'moments' close together.
XXX

knitkath said...

Don't worry about it, we all forget at times! Hope it all works out!

Mary B said...

Oh Dear that was a very embarrassing moment. Glad she took it so well.