Thursday 9 October 2008


Day 283
Prompt 283
"Lets have a good cup o rosie lee"
Rosie Lee translated is a Cup of Tea, very British!
In deed very British and only the British know how to make it properly with boiling water!
I can remember always drinking it using a cup and saucer and still keep these cups and suacers for the elderly visitors (though often they like mugs these days too!) When did we start to use mugs? and how much easier they are to use!!
I love a cup of tea, very refreshing and thirst quenching. It is a time to relax and stop work, communicate with people whether out for the day, shopping, at home or at work.
I didn't always drink tea and was a huge coffee drinker (11 mugs a day!) I developed am allergy and intolerance to the coffee bean and had to wean myself off all that coffee and learn to drink herbal and english tea. (I no longer have body aches and pains, irritable legs or poor sleep)

7 comments:

knitkath said...

So true! I still have a teapot but it never gets used!

Summer Sunflower said...

We wont be English without our tea! I have a teapot and cups and saucers for those that prefer tea made that way!

Minty Magic said...

I need my tea quick and plenty of it! Teapots take too long and cups don't hold enough!!!

malaryush said...

My old teapot is still tucked away in my kitchen - sometimes I get it out to make a long treat of teatime all on my own :)

Barbara said...

Can't say that looks particularly appetising Lynne. Coffee girl here - decaffeinated.

Shirley said...

I need tea first thing in the morning...then a coffee girl !!!!

Mary B said...

I still have some cups and saucers but I much prefer a nice bone china mug, must be bone china though don't like thick ones. lol